New Commissions

Oh Solarians, what goodies do I have for you today?

Well, I'm pleased as punch to be able to announce three new commissions for 2012 titles.

First up, I'm delighted to be welcoming to Solaris, horror author Simon Bestwick. Simon will be penning a horror novel set in the north of England and featuring a supernatural threat like no other. At the moment Simon and I are hammering out a title for this novel, but when we have it we'll let you know. Simon has previously written for Abaddon books with his brilliant zombie novel Tide of Souls and it's great to be bringing him into Solaris with a chilling horror novel.

Next up, we have Guy Haley. Guy is penning a SF novel for us called Champion of Mars, which mixes the best of traditional scientific-romance with hard SF and a sensibility that is entirely Guy's own. Guy's novel is vast in scope and beautifully executed; you're going to love it and can expect to see it hitting shelves around May next year.

Also joining the Solaris family is American author Steve Rasnic Tem. I've been a big admirer of Steve's fiction for a good number of years and I was particularly bowled over by the novel he penned with his wife (Melanie Tem), The Man on The Ceiling. So when his agent sent me Deadfall Hotel, I knew that I was in for a treat. This beautiful work of weird fiction is reminiscent of Ray Bradbury at his best and has the atmosphere of a work by Edward Gorey. I can assure you that Deadfall Hotel is more than a little bit special. Look for it in May next year.

Last, but by no means least, we have some more James Lovegrove news for you. James has agreed to pen another pantheon novel for us for release next April, set in the world of the Aztec deities. We're delighted that James is continuing with this series and this novel is going to raise the bar even higher.

Anyway, that's all from me.

Happy reading.

No comments: