Mighty Fine War Machine Review

Andy Remic's mighty, kick-ass tome, War Machine, gets a seriously good review at Fantasy Book Critic.

'Every once in a while a novel comes along that surprises the hell out of you. That was the case with “War Machine” by Andy Remic. All I really knew about the book going in was that is was classified as military science fiction and that it was the fourth novel by an author I had never heard of. So imagine my surprise when “War Machine” became my favorite science fiction novel of the year. Yes, you heard correctly. Gary Gibson’s “Stealing Light”, Peter F. Hamilton’s “The Dreaming Void”, Neal Asher’s “Hilldiggers”, Josh Conviser’s “Empyre”, Richard K. Morgan’s “Black Man/Thirteen”, Matthew Jarpe’s “Radio Freefall”; “War Machine” topped them all and no one is more shocked than I am!

...I loved every testosterone-fueled second that I was reading Andy Remic’s “War Machine” and the sequel is easily one of my most anticipated new releases...
'

It looks as if Rem is indeed going to be "the new king of rock-hard military SF".

1 comment:

marco said...

And you all mocked when I came up with that byline... Ha!