James Maxey On Writing

Solaris Dragon Master James Maxey is currently writing a series of mini-essays on the five things he's learned about writing.
I had a 12 hour drive back from World Fantasy and spent a good chunk of that time thinking about writing; not just my immediate projects, but larger lessons I've drawn from my experience to date. Much of this has been prompted by my dinner with fellow Odyssey grads. I'm returning to Odyssey next year as a lecturer, speaking on the subject of style, and I was trying to work out things I would say on the subject but kept spinning out into larger issues. So, in the spirit of the "five things few people know about me" posts I did back in February, I'm going to do a series called "Five things I've Learned About Writing."

Meanwhile, Andy Remic has some fairly lucid meditations on the taxman.

No comments: