Magic Launch!

So, hey.

We've got this amazing book coming up: you may have heard of it.

It's Magic: An Anthology of the Esoteric and Arcane, edited by our own fair Jonathan Oliver, and it's pretty exciting.

It's about, of course, magic. What is it? How does it work? Who uses it? Is it, just between you and me, a good idea to be using it? (No, seriously, is it?)

In fifteen exciting and fascinating stories by sixteen brilliant new and established authors, Magic asks what magic is and how it affects you, and explores the life and mind of a magician. We've got stories about curses (and blessings) gone wrong, about demons that come in the mail, about being a magician in the criminal underworld, about paying off debts you can never really understand. It is, we humbly feel, an intelligent, considered and beautiful collection.

And you get to be there at the launch! Yes, totally! Yes, you!

Editor Jon Oliver will be bringing together contributors Sophia McDougall (Romanitas), Dan Abnett (roughly three-quarters of the Warhammer 40,000 library) and Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Traveler's Wife) to talk about the book and their stories, to answer a few questions, and to get some signing on. I daresay a few of the other authors will be around as well, so you can get as many of the signatures as you can in all at once.

"Where?" I hear you cry. "When? How can I be at this magical day?" Well, let go of my lapels and stop spitting in my face and I'll tell you.

The munificent event is This Wedneday, the 24th October, at 6.30pm at Foyles Bookshop on Charing Cross Road in London!

It's free, but Foyles will allow you to book a space in case it fills up:


I'm looking forward to it. See you there.

David

1 comment:

David Moore said...

The joke, of course, being that I don't wear lapels. You were just holding onto this jacket I had lying around. Totally fooled you, though...