Not exactly Going Underground...

The Guardian newspaper reviewed our horror anthology, The End of the Line, in this Saturday's paper, in which the book is 'recommended' to readers. They've posted the review online. Here's End of the Line contributor Simon Bestwick's ecstatic reaction to the review.

Also anthology editor Jonathan Oliver tells me that The End of the Line has been hovering around the top thirty mark on Amazon's list of bestselling horror all weekend. Not that we've been hanging over our computers watching the charts, or anything...

That's pretty good for a book that's not even had its launch party yet! Foyles tell us tickets are being reserved fast for the launch event, and tickets are free, so if you're going to be in or around London on the 16th November and fancy coming to the event and joining us in the Phoenix Artist's Club afterwards, then reserve your tickets on the Foyles website ASAP!

Spotted two other reviews of The End of the Line around the blogosphere, there's SciFiOnline's review and there's Graeme's Fantasy Book Review, which says:-

When I reviewed the ‘Pan Book of Horror’ a couple of weeks ago, there was a real bittersweet feeling about it when I realised that I’d moved on and the things that scared me as a child left me feeling more than a little bemused these days. Well, the good news (or bad news, depends how you look at it...) is that I’ve found something to take its place. I’m talking about ‘The End of the Line’ of course, the contents of which had me feeling more disturbed than normal at the prospect of taking the train to work in the morning...

-

No comments: