Design: Monarchies of God

Our talented designer Simon Parr, who not only works on Solaris and Abaddon books, but also on 2000 AD, has written all about his designs for our upcoming Monarchies of God series. Read all about it on his blog.


Simon imparts some rather revealing things about the design process...

The fur texture is a reference to the werewolves which play a large part of the story, and was made by scanning in a vile luminous pink acrylic cushion that my dog lies on...




Furry pink cushions - no self-respecting SFF designer should ever be without one...


-

1 comment:

Jonathan D. Beer said...

While I'd like to say I'm not hugely influenced by a cover when I'm looking to buy a book, I'd probably be lying. And this cover, combined with a rather nice review online, makes me think this will be a happy purchase in the near future.

Its nice to see the designers side of the process, by the way - Simon's blog was really interesting.